MAPEI Group, established in 1937, is a privately owned global corporation headquartered in Milan, Italy, with 81 subsidiaries including 70 plants in 32 countries. The company specializes in manufacturing chemical products for building, including waterproofing products, special mortars and admixtures for concrete, products for the restoration of ancient buildings, and special decorative and protective coatings for walls.
MAPEI is celebrating 80 years in business as the world leader in the manufacturing of mortars, grouts, adhesives and complementary products for the installation of all types of floor and wall coverings. Annual revenues exceed $3B, and the company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing production equipment including but not limited to industrial blenders, industrial mixers, automated packaging equipment, manual packaging equipment, robotic equipment, pumps, valves and pressures vessels.
• Responsible for preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment
• Responsible for managing computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and updating assigned work orders as required
• Responsible for mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs
• Actively comply with and enforce all safety policies and procedures with direct reports and contractors. Take appropriate action to eliminate all unsafe acts or conditions.
• Support daily plant operations through effective troubleshooting and repair of Mechanical, Electrical, and Control system adhering to all policies, procedures and instructions.
• Maximize equipment reliability by effectively performing assigned work orders and PMs. Ensure complete and effective repairs. Proactively initiate work orders based on PM observations, measurements or PdM reports.
• Plan and schedule daily activities. Document work completed in the CMMS including actions taken, conditions observed, root cause, preventive action recommendations, and resources utilized including labor hours and parts.
• Ensure compliance with contract specifications and compliance with all EHS policies. Lead projects and assist skilled trades in Electrical/Mechanical disciplines.
Assist corporate controls in engineering changes and new programs. Guides design, develops and tests electrical control methods, materials, processes and results.
Direct and/or participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules and instructions.
Perform other duties as required. In conclusion, each employee is expected to contribute to a positive image of the Company by engaging in professional conduct at all times when representing MAPEI.
• This contribution involves proactively supporting team building initiatives, sharing best practices and innovative ideas for improvement, and communicating with others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Technical degree from a trade school or apprenticeship program is preferred but not required
• 5-10 years of experience working as a Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician or similar capacity
• Must have experience working in manufacturing, with production equipment
• Proficiency with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair is highly preferred
• HS degree (GED equivalent) , plusten years maintenance manufacturing experience, or any equivalent
• Adheres to OSHA standards and complies with MAPEI's internal EH&S program requirements. Observes and enforces safe work practices in all activities; and stores equipment/materials/tools safely in designated areas, as applicable. Wears at all times the assigned personal protective equipment (PPE). Practices good personal hygiene, promotes a sanitary work environment and adheres to good housekeeping standards.
• Working knowledge of PLC hardware and Ladder Logic programming.
• Excellent "hands on" electrical/mechanical aptitude.
• Utilize an excellent knowledge of NEC and NFPA 70E standards and regulations in daily electrical tasks. Demonstrate the ability to accomplish work that requires knowledge to install new equipment or to modify an existing installation. Serve as a source of information about anything with regards to electricity.
• Interpretation of pneumatic system schematics
“Come Join the MAPEI Family”
For consideration please apply on-line.
MAPEI Corporation offers a very competitive starting salary in addition to “Phenomenal” medical plan options that includes a choice of a “No Employee Contribution” and a “Zero Deductible” medical plan option, dental coverage, disability coverage, life insurance, a matching 401(k) plan and paid days off for holidays and PTO. In addition MAPEI offers employees career advancement opportunities.