MAPEI Group, established in 1937, is a privately owned global corporation headquartered in Milan, Italy, with 81 subsidiaries including 70 plants in 32 countries. The company specializes in manufacturing chemical products for building, including waterproofing products, special mortars and admixtures for concrete, products for the restoration of ancient buildings, and special decorative and protective coatings for walls.
MAPEI is celebrating 80 years in business as the world leader in the manufacturing of mortars, grouts, adhesives and complementary products for the installation of all types of floor and wall coverings. Annual revenues exceed $3B, and the company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide.
MAPEI is currently seeking for a Chemist for its Center of Excellence for Adhesive Research Facility, Dalton, GA. The Chemist is responsible for proactive Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) formulation development and performance testing for the PSA industry.
- New product development and existing product improvement and testing
- Product manufacturing scale-up
- Investigate and implement avenues to simplify formulations and improve efficiency
- Interface Quality Management activities related to lab and product manufacturing
- Computer Formulation Entry/QC test procedure revisions and implementation
- Provide recommendations concerning equipment needed for processing efficiency
- Apply lab procedures, good chemical hygiene practices and able to detect potential problems in development of new products improving current products
- Good communication and effective Team player
- Hands-on chemist with demonstrated history of successfully solving problems and commercializing products, including research / product development, scale up and commercialization.
- Organization, planning, strategic thinking, willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, A go-getter.
- An appreciation of laboratory safety, environmental issues, and environmentally responsible products