MAPEI Group, established in 1937, is a privately owned global corporation headquartered in Milan, Italy, with 81 subsidiaries including 70 plants in 32 countries. The company specializes in manufacturing chemical products for building, including waterproofing products, special mortars and admixtures for concrete, products for the restoration of ancient buildings, and special decorative and protective coatings for walls.
MAPEI is celebrating 80 years in business as the world leader in the manufacturing of mortars, grouts, adhesives and complementary products for the installation of all types of floor and wall coverings. Annual revenues exceed $3B, and the company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide.
Process Operator II
Salary: up to 18.00 hourly
MAPEI is looking for experienced Machine Operator / Pre-weigh candidates for our West Chicago, IL location.
We have immediate needs on the following shifts:
• 2nd Shift: (Competitive Base Pay + $1.00 shift differential paid per hour)
• 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
• 3rd Shift: (Competitive Base Pay + $2.00 shift differential paid per hour)
• 10:00 pm - 6:30 am
• Essential Duties and Responsibilities Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment by properly identifying and storing ingredients, supplies and products as directed by supervisors and efficiently using various hand tools and equipment such as push brooms, mops, floor sweepers, cleaning chemicals, trash receptacles, etc.
• Read and follow daily production schedule and instructions, prepare packaging materials by retrieving items from storage, applying labels to containers, setting up and loading filling machines, stacking and palletizing products, operating various automatic and manual packaging machines, scales and printing devices, industrial lift trucks, pallet jacks and other material handling tools and equipment.
• Maintain accurate written and electronic records as required by specific tasks.
• Prepare ingredients according to production schedule and instructions for blending and compounding (referred to as “Pre-weigh”) using various tools and measuring devices, including but not limited to: digital / manual scales, pumps, hand scoops, buckets, bags, supersacks and pallets.
• Operate various processing equipment designed to break up, grind, mix, transport, or otherwise prepare ingredients for final processing.
• Prepare, identify and transport samples of materials to QC personnel for testing.
• Perform other duties as required. In conclusion, each employee is always expected to contribute to a positive image of the Company by engaging in professional conduct when representing MAPEI.
• Able to show attention to detail and verify that assigned tasks are error free and that data and facts are accurate.
• Shows skills in the application of mathematics, which may include the following applications: producing statistics, data extraction, identifying trends, etc. Able to calculate numbers and amounts such as: discounts, interests, commissions, ratios, percentages, exchange rates, circumferences and volumes.
• Minimum of 1-year experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to work overtime.
• Experience Required HS degree (GED equivalent), plus process manufacturing experience.
• Ability to lift 55 lbs. independently and up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Forklift experience a plus.
MAPEI offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package including: Retirement Savings and Investment, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Benefits, Dental Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), Vision Benefits, 17 company paid personal days & 8 holidays paid.
Mapei is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are located at:
530 Industrial Drive, West Chicago, IL 60185 Near Geneva & Aurora
Job Type: Full-time
• High school (Required)
• English (Required)
• United States (Required