MAPEI Group, established in 1937, is a privately owned global corporation headquartered in Milan, Italy, with 81 subsidiaries including 70 plants in 32 countries. The company specializes in manufacturing chemical products for building, including waterproofing products, special mortars and admixtures for concrete, products for the restoration of ancient buildings, and special decorative and protective coatings for walls.
MAPEI is celebrating 80 years in business as the world leader in the manufacturing of mortars, grouts, adhesives and complementary products for the installation of all types of floor and wall coverings. Annual revenues exceed $3B, and the company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide.
Process Operator III
Salary: up to $21.00 /hour
MAPEI is looking for experienced (Process Operator III) candidates for our West Chicago, IL location. We have immediate needs on the following shifts:
• 2nd Shift: (Competitive Base Pay + $1.00 shift differential paid per hour)
1:00 pm – 9:30 pm or 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
• 3rd Shift: (Competitive Base Pay + $2.00 shift differential paid per hour)
9:00pm – 5:30 am or 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
• Follow daily production schedule and instructions
• Prepare packaging materials by retrieving items from storage
• Applying labels to containers, setting up and loading filling machines, stacking and palletizing products, operating various automatic and manual packaging machines
• Scales and printing devices, industrial lift trucks, pallet jacks and other material handling tools and equipment. Prepare ingredients according to production schedule and instructions for blending and compounding. Operate various processing equipment designed to break up, grind, mix, transport, or otherwise prepare ingredients for final processing.
• Prepare, identify and transport samples of materials to QC personnel for testing.
• Operate mixing machines controlled by computer or electronic devices.
• Ensure proper blending of ingredients by verifying that pre-weigh and all necessary ingredients are present according to the production schedule; adds all ingredients to mixer in the correct order and method as described in production instructions, or as directed by the Supervisor.
• Effectively communicates as required with supervisor.
• Maintains the work areas in a clean and safe manner.
• Follows spoken & written instructions including bill of materials.
MAPEI offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package including: Retirement Savings and Investment, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Benefits, Dental Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), Vision Benefits, 17 company paid personal days & 8 holidays paid.
Mapei is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Are Located At:
530 Industrial Drive, West Chicago, IL 60185 Near Aurora
• Minimum of 2-year experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Must be able to work overtime
• Must be able to lift 55 lbs. without assistance
• High School Diploma
• Drug Test, Background & assessment test.
MAPEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
• compounding or Pre-weigh: 2 years (Preferred)
• Chemical: 2 years (Preferred)
• Forklift Operator: 2 years (Preferred)
• Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
• High school (Required)
• English (required)
• United States (Required